Monday

WHAT'S IN MY BEAD KIT

I recently bought a new bead case so I wanted to show you guys how I store my beads/what beads I have. This way, you can also see what you 'need' to start crafting. Essentially, all you really need is headpins, beads, and hooks for earrings.

Now to the container: 

PROS: It's a pretty sturdy plastic case. The spaces are customizable; you just slip in the thick plastic tabs. The compartments are deep. 
CONS: I can't really put the case on it's side because although the slides fit in pretty snug, there is still a chance that my smaller beads can slip around. 
WOULD I RECOMMEND IT?: Honestly, if you wanted something that you could slip into your backpack, I wouldn't recommend it. I got it for a decent price, plus I'm willing to just carry it around holding it horizontal, so I'm fine with it. Although, if I had a choice of going back in time, I would probably buy something else.






There are four rows, and about 46 possible compartments. I split it up according to the amount of different beads I had, as you can see above. I needed more room for the blue and pink beads than the chevrons, etc.

Random small containers sit on top of the beads lying in the case. I kind of just stuff them wherever they will fit. No rhyme or rhythm.


These beads are the ones I have too little of to be stored in deep compartments. I use small plastic 'jars' and little containers where the top is attached.




As you can see I have a very limited color palette: blue & pink. Lately I've been adding a few metal pieces, but mostly I stick to those colors. I also just recently bought crimp beads so I don't have that many... can you believe that there are 60 pieces in that container right now? It doesn't look like much!



In the jars are mostly findings such as jump rings, connectors and hooks.


In this hair pin case I store decorative headpins: stars/balls/hearts etc. I also stuff in wire, lace, and findings that I get in the mail that I have no place for yet.


I don't have room for the long seed bead tubes, so I put them in this empty mint tin.

Now for the actual case. Excuse my crude drawing 



Thank you for viewing, if you have any questions or comments, please send them my way (:


Also, a sneak peak of what I've been working on...

- A



3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's so pretty! Thanks for the glimpse of what's required to start jewelry making! Just wondering, would you say jewelry making is hard? :/ I really want to start but I'm scared I'll be no good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I had the time and supplies...8)
    I've got to make something one of these days.

    <33 Rena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I'm a new follower!
    I love your blog and I can't wait to see your creations ^_^

    www.esohlee.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...