Tuesday

TUTORIAL: Simple Bar Necklace



So around the time I got the bars for this bar necklace, I bought these curved bar beads and never touched them since. I think I wanted to make bracelets... that never happened. No arm parties for me :(

Let's have a simple necklace party instead!






MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED:

curved bar beads
chain
jumprings/clasps
glue
pliers/wire cutters



It will also be pretty helpful to have a pair of tweezers.




Take two jump rings and your bar.



First you're going to take your glue and apply a little to the end.

(Honestly, it would totally be better to drill a hole into the bar itself... but I have no drill and E6000 is my best friend.)




Use your tweezers to place a jumpring on the glue. Repeat on the other side. This is going to be a bit messy.




Leave to dry/cure.





Take your chain (it has to be thin enough to thread through the jump rings) and thread it through.






Almost done!






Add your jump rings and clasps.






Thanks for reading!

P.S I have had a crazy influx of spam comments so I finally added the CAPTCHA for comments, I'm sorry for the inconvenience >_<!

9 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely tutorial/necklace! It's not too bold but is definitely a great statement piece C:
    ♡♡♡
    ofdistantdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea! I am going to feature your necklace tutorial on the jewelry making blog at Craft Gossip tomorrow!

    http://jewelrymaking.craftgossip.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. instead of gluing on the jump rings, wouldn't it be more practical (and safer, in case the glue fails) to put a piece of brass (goldtone) wire through the bar and form loops at the ends. Plus you know that you can make them an adequate size to thread the chain through. Just a thought.
    Judith W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same :) Anyways, it looks nice and lovely. Just stumbled upon this blog :) It's amazing! <3

      xoxo, Amna
      www.crafty4.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. I'm with Judith on this one. I LOVE this necklace idea, but I think if you thread gold-tone wire through the bead and then create little hoops on each end, you can achieve your intended design without the use of glue. That being said, E6000 is the best jewelry glue out there, and so easy to use, so I understand its application here!

    Great pieces! I'm glad I found your blog and keep up the great DIYs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I didn't want to post on your giveaway post, so I'm telling you here that I nominated you for the Liebster award! Please check out my blog for more information.
    ♡♡♡
    ofdistantdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a little note: Wrote shortly about your blog! It's in German, but I hope, you are ok with my way of crediting you. If not, please contact me. I love your tutorials!

    xo,
    Lici

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!I love your blog,it is full of creative ideas!Can you please visite mine it is called thecrafterthemerrier.blogspot.com .It will mean much to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for share..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...