Tuesday

CURVED BAR EARRINGS

I bought these curved bar tubes awhile ago when I thought I would make bracelets. (I didn't end up making any. They really are perfect for delicate bracelets though!)







Instead, I figured I would try to utilize them in earrings. I thought, why not? The curve isn't extreme enough to be too awkward, right...? It was a lot of experimentation.








The first step, I fed wire through the tube and made loops at either end.








I usually lay out my earrings out to visualize the final product-- I don't have sketchbooks, I tend to create in a very fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants fashion.


So this was my skeleton
  1. TUBE
  2. CHAIN
  3. SPIKE
  4. then comes the details.







  • Fishbone chain scraps (different lengths)
  • Crystals
  • Charms






These are my favorite color combinations.

  • WHITE/BLUE/GOLD
  • BLACK/BLUE/GOLD








My "workstation" --- a humongous piece of watercolor paper on my bed. (Next to a window!)






Then, I wanted to try out the same style/composition with longer spike beads. 


I shortened the length of the chain to compensate.









The difference between the two is very subtle.






Here are some other designs:









  1. My inspiration piece for the previously shown style. Very minimal.
  2. I like the idea of having a flower bead on top and a leaf at the bottom.
  3. I make weird connections in my mind. The cascading blue crystals reminded me of stars, hence the star bead off the bottom.
  4. Similar to number 3, I like the blue/stars together. I added the bead to the bottom of the curved bead.
  5. I've loved these pearl birds for years now.









All in all, this was a fun challenge for me to try.




Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

  1. I love the way they turned out! You made so many too xD I think you should still try to make a bracelet out of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm going to try my hand at bracelets soon... :)

      Delete
  2. I love your style. These earrings are so pretty.
    ~Kelsy
    http://looseendscraftblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelsy! I like your blog :)

      Delete
  3. These are beautiful! Unique way to use the curved bars!

    Btw, I've never experimented with DIY jewelery (well except the beads and stretchy cord of elementary school lol) but your blog inspires me to try it out! Do you think you could make a beginner's jewelery making post with tips and recommended starter tools? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And of course I will get to making on this week :) I'm glad you're inspired to make your own jewelry!

      Delete
  4. Please tell me you have some sort of online store because I would love to buy some of these earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog, I love your jewelry!! soo beautiful everything ... where you buy components?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...