Thursday

REVAMP + LEFTOVERS







When I'm in a creative slump and it's hard to think up completely new pieces, I'll go through my earring collection and find pairs I'm not 100% satisfied with to try and rework.











Usually they're small edits. Take this pair, I took off the large jump rings-- and added smaller ones + a connector at the top. The large jump rings were fine, but I thought they overwhelmed the overall design.










When I take things apart I always end up with bits and pieces. The rejects.









Since they're already on headpins, I don't pull them apart, I store them for future use.



  • makes it easier to visualize new creations
  • makes it faster to make new creations








Currently, I keep them all in a cute geometric bowl I picked up at Target. Sometimes I look at people's workspaces and wonder where they put all their orphans.








This makes it easy for me to grab pieces, or throw them in.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...