Wednesday

UPDATES

Hi everyone!

I have a couple updates in my little jewelry world I wanted to share.
  1. I'm vending for the first time ever! This Saturday, December 17 at Porta Jersey City , 11AM-4PM at their holiday pop-up market. I'm both excited and terrified. Does anyone have any booth or fair tips to share?
  2. In preparation for the pop-up, I finally got a taxID number, which granted me access to the most fabulous supply warehouse in NYC. I'm going to dedicate a whole post to the place, because it's just that fantastic. So far, I've bought 19lbs of supplies. Nine, freaking, teen.
  3. Many, many hours are being spent making new earrings! I work full-time, so I've been dedicating my evenings under a lamp. Tutorials to come!




- Alyssa

5 comments:

  1. How did the fair go? Saw this post late but would've loved to drop by! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jessica! Good to hear from you. I was so nervous and my booth was super amateur looking compared to everyone else's, but it was a win overall because it was a big step for me. I had a lot of people I know stop by and support, and it was very heartwarming and eyeopening.

      Delete
  2. Hello Alyssa, the parents of a friend of mine lost their lease and are liquidating their jewellery stock. It's in NY. Hope this interests you. http://www.cjssales.com/
    Ivy

    Also here on FB, their son, my friend showing the chain room. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153920181245683&set=a.434043890682.234245.626440682&type=3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is actually the supply warehouse I posted about! I've visited a handful of times already and hope to go once more before they relocate. It's difficult because their hours are the same as my own working hours; I've been able to run over during lunch breaks and whenever I get out early.

      Even with their sales, most of what I like (glass) is heavy & it does add up in $$ because we're charged by the pound. I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone though!

      Delete
    2. Also, I love love love the son, he is SO friendly and did me a kindness by throwing in a bag of beads into my box for me for free!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...